Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 days ago

I asked a question about why I don’t lose weight faster?

I eat less than 500 calories a day and have since feb 28. All I’ve lost is 10 lbs (maybe 12 lbs, my body weight fluctuates a little) since then. I’m 5’5” and 120 lbs now.

I was told starving won’t get me weight loss. Then how does any anorexic get to under 100 lbs and it doesn’t take them years and years to do it? Do they just eat even less? 

I already skip breakfast now. If I’m working I’ll eat 120 cal hummus for lunch only. Dinner is a diet frozen dinner under 300 calories. Anorexics would probably not even eat dinner? 

I’m not trying to be anorexic I just want to know if that’s the difference why I can’t lose weight but they do. 

Also I do exercise, I’m very active 4/7 days a week and on the other 3 days I work out for an hour and walk the dog (leisurely) for an hour also.

Ty

• 2 days ago

Try intermittent dry fasting.

• 4 days ago

this is extremely unhealthy, my love. the way you’re going about this is not going to get you to your “goal weight”, it’s going to land you in the hospital. 

you need to be eating around 1800-2000 calories a day. 

starving yourself doesn’t work, for another thing. the way our bodies work is when they don’t get enough calories in a certain amount of time, they save and collect more fat the next time you eat to have more energy next time you don’t eat. basically landing you with the exact opposite of what you’re trying to achieve. 

some people’s bodies are just not meant to be less than a certain weight. that does not mean you’re unhealthy or fat or whatever. it just means your body is unique. you need to care for and nurture your body because it’s the only one you get. 

exercising is good, but you need to eat at least 2 meals a day, 3 is best. if you’re really worried about your weight, talk to a dietician. if they say your weight is good, it’s okay. don’t worry about losing any more. 

eating disorders are serious. if you can’t get out of a loop, please get help. <3

5 days ago

You are anorexic, or at least suffering from a similar mental illness.  You need to see a doctor since you are starving yourself to death.

As you consume fewer calories, your body tries to hold on to as much fat as possible.  It slows your metabolism,  It starts to cannibalize organs and muscle tissue for fuel.  You may be suffering from organ damage, which hopefully can be recovered from with time.  See a doctor.  Get help.

• Andy C
    5 days ago

Anorexic people who end up 100lbs should probably be 115lbs if they were healthy.   That's only 15lbs.  10-15 is all you can expect from caloric restriction. 

The fun answer is that despite any weight lost, caloric restriction actually CREATES fat and weight lost is mostly muscle. 

• .
    6 days ago

Starvation DOES induce weight loss....weight from water, fat, and muscle tissue. As muscle tissue is lost, your metabolism slows down. The slower your metabolism, the fewer calories your body burns, so the more difficult it becomes to lose weight and the easier it is to gain weight. It's foolish and unhealthy.

6 days ago

Why are you trying to lose weight when you are already too light for your height?

And you should never skip breakfast.

Breakfast is in fact the most important meal of the day because it gives you all the energy that you will need and burn the rest of the day.

The human body is amazing.

If it feels it's threatened by starvation it kicks into survival mode and begins to conserve fat and maintain weight so starving yourself never works and merely endangers your health.

Weight loss is just simple math.

You simply need to burn more calories than you consume.

If you eat everything you would normally eat in a balanced diet and simply eat less of it, you will slowly and safely lose weight.

• 6 days ago

If your body thinks it's being starved, it'll hold onto all it can, so it's actually not effective to starve yourself.

Also - losing weight slowly is far more sustainable than crash dieting. 

Given your weight is healthy and normal, there's no reason to lose more... 

6 days ago

I repeat:

You're in the healthy weight range for your height, that's why. You should see it as a blessing that you're not losing weight very fast- because you don't need to. It sounds like you want to be underweight or something. Why?? What's wrong with being a healthy weight?

Why are you jealous of people with a BMI of less than 15? 

• ?
    6 days ago

You are not losing weight because your body does not want you to.  It is at a stable level.  I do not know why a person your height would want to lose more.  120 is already on the thinner side of average.  

• Petter
    6 days ago

They eat even less and yes, it takes them years.