Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Do some women like marriage because it's a form of control/security?

I see it like this, a lot of women want to lock down a man with the risk of him losing half his assets because they know he would leave for a more feminine/submissive/fun to be around woman otherwise. After marriage, women tend to flip the script entirely and become a completely different person. Like they become comfortable with disrespecting their man and stop being feminine. Is this why women press marriage so much because they know men would gladly leave for a better woman if they aren't legally bound? I think it's harder for women to hold a feminine frame for a man if they tend to have arguments. I don't think a lot of women can go from yelling at their man one day to being submissive the next, so they need to lock him down with marriage so that they can get a pass for no longer having to be feminine/submissive and he'll stay because he's legally bound. 

I don't understand why women are always desperate for a ring, and even go as far as considering dumping their man because he won't marry. Are those types of people really in it for the relationship or for something more? 

Generalizations are generally untrue.  Who told you that "locking down a man" causes him to lose half his assets?  If men are too foolish (and/or stupid) to enter into a prenup, why is that the wife's fault?  I happen to be the monied partner in my marriage, and my husband and I have a prenup.  I've seen people with little to lose or gain sign prenups.  Again, whose fault is it if a man (in your example) doesn't protect himself financially?

Women aren't ALWAYS like this.  You're generalizing. And in a divorce, women don't take half the assets.  In fact they don't "take" anything.  The settlement agreement and division of property gained during a marriage is usually taken care of between husband, wife and their respective attorneys befre the divrce hearing ever goes to court.  If no agreement can be made, then the Judge decides who-gets-what.  This is the way it is.  

And i never knew anyone who changed after marriage. They all seemed like the same people to me?  Men included. 

I'm guessing you've never been married.  Therefore you know nothing about it because you've never experienced marriage at all.

• i + i

The way you see it, versus reality, 

appear to be very different things. 

What's weird is how you endlessly 

post this point of view  here -- you 

clearly aren't wanting to hear the 

truth, just using this as a vehicle 

for you endless rants against 

marriage. What is it you are 

trying to accomplish? What 

does it really do for you?

Sounds like you have a lot to learn. I have no female friends that didn't work through their entire marriage including after having kids. You are delusional for thinking that men don't get to a point where they want a family too. Women do want to secure a stable family life for any offspring they bring into this world. But what you're saying doesn't pan out. After a divorce or death of a spouse, men are more likely to get remarried than women. I'm too lazy this morning to look up the statistics but simply google remarriage rates. Marriage generally improves a man's happiness and career while women's careers and happiness plummet. Women are often still expected to do more of the child-rearing which means taking jobs with more flexibility that don't pay as much. The marriage contract does make it more difficult to walk away for both parties.