Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

In society why do people like to ppint out faults in others but when other people point out their faults they get defensive.?

No ones perfect, why cant we accept peoples imperfections?

Is there any time in history that peolle have judged others but other people cant judge them. Is it a part of survival instinct?

Doing a dissertation for my Masters. Just need opinions.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's called 'human nature'. No-one is perfect but we all like to think that 'we' are the exception.

• 1 month ago

It is because as humans we are limited in our abilities to self-reflect. Hypocrisy is a higher tier of cognitive ability. I wouldn't ask Yahoo Answers these questions in the future. 

• 1 month ago

Because it feels like an attack on them and their self worth. May or may not be true. People tend to personalize things too much. 

Source(s): Almost 37 (at the end of the month) years life exp as an Asian Filipina immigrant of the US
  • 1 month ago

You claim to be studying for your master's degree yet you have limited psychological knowledge about human nature and the human condition.

I suggest that you study Transactional Analysis and Emotional Intelligence.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I feel like I've lived a life where I am on the receiving end of this too. People are quick to judge and pick out my flaws, but when I pick out theirs they get aggressive with me.

• 1 month ago

Truth hurts, and especially when you point it out to those who like to think themselves as righteous, any self righteous person is usually the one to watch out for.  I don't think there was a time when this didn't exist, because this was one of the big teachings of the second testament of the life of Jesus.  The one among you who have not sin be the one to cast the first stone for instance.  

I think it is part of the evils of mankind to think yourself or present yourself as better than anyone else.  

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

its a normal re-action , people like bickering over trivial things , that all .

• 1 month ago

It boils down to the person. Have you noticed these 'judgemental' people are selective about who they judge? If it's something someone they LIKE did, they will in fact make excuses for them! I hate to use it, because I feel many people do to cover their own vile behaviour - but I'd say the people these people judge have made them feel 'insecure' (!!), so judging them puts the other person on a lower 'level' than the judge(r) - they feel even more powerful/better, if they can start up a vicious bandwagon against the person. That's why you don't join these bandwagons . . .  unless you're one of 'them'.

• 1 month ago

Narcissists are quick to point out faults in others cause they see no faults in themselves.  Just try to tell a narcissist they are wrong or to blame.

• because society is full of hypocrites now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.