? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do most liberals have the same look or appearance?

I have met many people who are liberal. Seen so many all over the internet. 

A ton of them have dyed hair with different colors, multiple piercings and tattoos. A lot of girls tend to have short buzz'ish hair and the guys tend to be feminine.When I look at someone I can kind of gauge the political views of individuals but of course not always. All humans judge their environments or other people whether it is subconsciously or outloud. Judging is how we decipher whether or not situations are safe or if people are good or bad. I ask out of all respect and I am genuinely curious. 

A simple quote, 'Birds of a feather, flock together', 'monkey see, monkey do'

• ?

First of all that's not true. My two aunts are leaning towards the liberal side yet they are the most normal looking Asian Filipinas you have ever seen! You're just looking at YOUNG liberals. Ones who are bold enough to gain attention! As for me I don't really like taking sides so I don't really know what to do because it's been harshly divided (the two major parties) for some time now. 

Source(s): 37 (at the end of the month) years life exp as an Asian Filipina immigrant of the U.S.

Looks like an intelligent young person.  What do you look like troll?

Damn you're an idiot.  You can't just  automatically guess that a girl is a liberal  or conservative by her style.  Lol being emo or gothic or punk or whatever doesn't automatically make you liberal 

To give a serious answer, liberals could say the same for famous/visible conservatives. Gruff guys, "fit-fat" with beards and women with blonde hair seemingly abound in conservative circles.

It comes down to aesthetics. Rural people in the US tend to vote conservative, and rural people tend to have a gruff beard, big truck thing going on. Urban people in the US tend to vote liberal and urban people tend to have lots of styles and colors.

I can find you atypical conservatives (like Arielle Scarcella who is a lesbian or Blaire White who is trans) and atypical liberals (like John Fetterman in PA and Lee Carter in VA who are both gruff, rural looking guys), but I see why - given the stereotype - you might think as much.

Last thing, I'd quarrel with "the guys tend to be feminine". What does that even mean? Most of the time that claim is made, it's just complaining about young men's styles and there are plenty of young male conservatives in tight pants (Pastor Carl Lentz and any East Coast, NYC trust fund kid I've ever met come to mind).

• Frank

Back in the 1960s thousands of kids were clones. They either wore miniskirts or very tight, skinny jeans, far too much makeup and had virtually identical hair styles and they all looked ridiculous but were not aware that most other people were laughing at them.  Boys thought it was clever to dress and walk like thugs.  

Nothing much has changed really, except that kids have far too much money to waste these days.

They don't.

You can't tell each other apart.

What's wrong with your logic - you see someone with a particular appearance and guess correctly that this is a liberal. What you can't do is look at someone who does not have the characteristics you mention and guess the person's politics.  Video - conservative George Will. If you didn't know who he is, you couldn't guess his politics. Nothing eccentric about his looks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo35kGJd47Q

sheep                                   

🥴😊

Sure you are. 

That is a chick.

This is a feminine dude: