Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

How do I get my friends back?

A little backstory me and my friends like to play video games alot but now they don't want to play with me anymore they say I rage too much, although I have some heated gamer moments I don't rage too much. They keep citing this one time I yelled the n word I tired to explain to them I had really good loot but they said that doesn't make it ok and now they don't want to hang out with them anyway how do I make them come back

Hello! I just read this and I actually had the same problem. It's better to rage and let out your feelings. To control your anger, how about play a game in which you don't play with your friends (one round) and then you let out your feelings and get mad, you'll feel WAY better. You then play with your friends without feeling angry that you lost. It's just a game :) If you feel REALLY angry... Do a hobby! Which doesn't include watching a screen.

Just say 'I'm very sorry (friends' name), I promise not to swear or lose my temper again.'

Do you have medical insurance?

Anger is not so cool and if situations trigger your aggression, maybe have that checked out.

A pill could make it all better.

Tell them to grow up...

Reverse psychology and they'll see how similar they are to you and start coming around again.

Source(s): #EXPERIENCE!!

First of all, you probably should stop throwing the n word around. With all due respect.

Grow up might help sometime

As much as you'll hate hearing this...  your friends consider you as a "Toxic Player" & can understandably don't want you around.  Shouting a racist word in anger didn't just burned that bridge, you nuked the banks supporting said bridge.  Racist words are NEVER OK as it makes you seem culturally insensitive.

First up, give your friends some time as a "cooloff period" of a few days.  This is mostly to allow the dust to settle & give everybody some time to reflect on the issue.

Second, acknowledge your shortcomings & look at ways of improving yourself.  Take stock on where the issues between you & your friends are & consider options to address said issues.  The obvious one here is avoid using racist & generally toxic words amongst others (as that seems to be the final straw here).  Less obvious would be to find ways to defuse to situation or avoid such situations in the future.

Third, try to set some ground rules that everybody can agree on.

Finally, BE COMPLETELY SINCERE with your friends & with your apology to them...  It's going to be an uphill battle for them to accept you since they were burned (or in this case, nuked) in the past & will be hesitant in truly forgiving you.  Don't constantly force yourself on them as that can push them away.  If they feel like they can trust you again, they will return.  If not, just treasure the time you had with them before you parted ways & DON'T dwell on the reason why they departed, as that's just not healthy for anyone.

I don't know the whole story on why they don't want to play with you anymore, as I only have your perspective (which will always have some level of bias, regardless on how objective we try to be) to run on.  I don't know how long any underlining issues have been happening or what's going on in their life.  All I know is that you royally screwed up & want some advice in fixing it.

I can guarantee any level of success here, but take things slow as you try to mend (or in case, completely reconstruct) those bridges.  You & your friends have to make the effort to see if there's anything worth in salvaging your relationship.

• drip

So besides getting overly mad when you game with them you also use racist language. 

They are right, you have no excuse for using that word. And instead of apologizing and admitting what you said was wrong you made excuses for it.  

Instead of making excuses step back and really evaluate your behavior and anger. Change your behavior 

Then apologize sincerely. 

Ignore them , find a new group of gamers and/or friends. Give it some time. Eventually they will come crawling back to be your friend. And when that happens you make the final decision of you really want them back

I'm tending to agree with your friends.  Look into anger management classes, maybe?

You apologise, and accept that you're in the wrong here.