Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My wife wants to take my son abroad so she can work there and is threatening to ruin me if I don't agree?

We are divorcing. I fear I may not see my son again if I give permission. She says she is going to change her lawyer. Do lawyers support clients like this? What can she do?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In most states the custodial parent can't even move out OF STATE without permission!

Out of the country? That's kidnapping.

Her new lawyer will tell her the same thing.

• 1 month ago

She can't take your son out of the country to live if you do not agree to it. Get a lawyer and ignore her threats. Do not agree to anything or you really might never see your son again. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just get your own lawyer and fight to keep your son in the country. 

• 1 month ago

Whatever it takes get a lawyer. Make the custody agreement state she can’t take the child out of state without your permission. Keep all records of conversations via text and voicemail and record all interactions with this woman. Always have a witness next to you when you talk to her. Most women think they can get away with being vile c*nts. Don’t let it happen. Don’t trust her. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If there is a custody agreement or a change in a custody agreement, it's up to the Judge to decide. Unless the parents can come to their own agreement before the matter goes into the court room. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The best person to address this is YOUR ATTORNEY, the ATTORNEY who has ALL of the background information, knows all of the issues, know what "ruining you" means.  Everyone on Yahoo is guessing.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If there is a custody agreement or a change in a custody agreement, it's up to the Judge to decide. Unless the parents can come to their own agreement before the matter goes into the court room. 

• 1 month ago

Apparently you think she can ruin you.  Contact a lawyer and learn the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think she can if you have visitation rights. Talk to a lawyer.

• 1 month ago

She can't "ruin you", and if you have joint custody, she can't take your son overseas without your consent. Why the hell are you asking us instead of asking your attorney? Are you 12?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.