Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My wife wants to take my son abroad so she can work there and is threatening to ruin me if I don't agree?

We are divorcing. I fear I may not see my son again if I give permission. She says she is going to change her lawyer. Do lawyers support clients like this? What can she do?

In most states the custodial parent can't even move out OF STATE without permission!

Out of the country? That's kidnapping.

Her new lawyer will tell her the same thing.

She can't take your son out of the country to live if you do not agree to it. Get a lawyer and ignore her threats. Do not agree to anything or you really might never see your son again. 

Just get your own lawyer and fight to keep your son in the country. 

Whatever it takes get a lawyer. Make the custody agreement state she can’t take the child out of state without your permission. Keep all records of conversations via text and voicemail and record all interactions with this woman. Always have a witness next to you when you talk to her. Most women think they can get away with being vile c*nts. Don’t let it happen. Don’t trust her. 

If there is a custody agreement or a change in a custody agreement, it's up to the Judge to decide. Unless the parents can come to their own agreement before the matter goes into the court room. 

The best person to address this is YOUR ATTORNEY, the ATTORNEY who has ALL of the background information, knows all of the issues, know what "ruining you" means.  Everyone on Yahoo is guessing.

• ?

Apparently you think she can ruin you.  Contact a lawyer and learn the truth.

I don't think she can if you have visitation rights. Talk to a lawyer.

She can't "ruin you", and if you have joint custody, she can't take your son overseas without your consent. Why the hell are you asking us instead of asking your attorney? Are you 12?