Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6
? asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles ยท 1 month ago

1 metre = 1.094 yards. The metric system is very popular. Should they be making yardsticks any longer?

Update:

@ LB - But if we put the steering wheel on the left side it would be difficult to overtake on our roads where the left side is the right side!

@ Jack - A measured response

@ Adullah - Only if we have three legs

@ Weasel - Then you will be able fathom it

@ BK - That sounds like a stretch

Update 2:

@ Pronk - That sounds more like six inches

@ Doggo - And eventually rule the world!

@ Elizabeth - That's a heavyweight answer

@ Kathy - Thank Goodness

@ Michael - I think you have me converted

@ CT - It only needs an ounce of sense...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No. Once ye did that you'd have to change from lbs to kg and then there'd be ... mass ... confusion.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only if you start PUTTING the STEERING wheels ON the RIGHT side of your CARS........ Which is the LEFT side.......๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• 1 month ago

I believe that would be against the rule-r and it probably wouldn't measure up and wind up de-feeting the purpose.

• 1 month ago

You can use three feet instead ,since feet are still with us in our steps.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I want to buy a second property,ย  so I will need a two-yard stick to measure it all by.ย 

• 1 month ago

No,but if you can find a yardstick made before 1954,it is worth 3 more inches.

• Pronk
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No,,guys are already totally used to

imagining sticks being larger than they

actually are..๐Ÿง

• 1 month ago

You know what they say :

Give them an inch and they'll take 1.6093 kilometres.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I do not think so.

• 1 month ago

Another 3.37 inches and they would be metersticks.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.