Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Did I make a wrong turn? ?

So, I turned at a red light. The blue is my path. The red dots are where the lights are. There’s a red light camera on the top left dot. I’m scared I might get a ticket after someone said it isn’t a legal turn. 

For context, I’m in NSW, Australia. Anyone who knows more than I do about road rules, please let me know. 

Update:

For more context: I’m a P plater, meaning I just got my license and new driver. I know I should know the rules, and there were no signs saying do not turn on red. My original driving book doesn’t cover this and my driving instructor never took me through this as an example drive. 

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is fine, the red lights aren't for people going left - you would need to yield to anyone coming from the opposite direction and turning right. I would think you had a yield sign on the island or side of the road warning you of oncoming traffic. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why aren't you familiar with the road rules? Is there a sign saying no turn on red?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.