Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Why do I suck so much at video games?

Put it on Easy, or whatever they call it.

Only AHOLES will call you names.

If you are playing a MMORG or anything online, stop!!!

Buy a first person game with single player campaign like Borderlands and get used to the controls.

Or, they do make converters so you can use a mouse, hahaha.

I start games at the "factory" setting and, **** unless it's "Dark Souls" usually works.

Not ashamed to say that I own EVERY Skylander (ingame) figure and on "Nightmare" is actually crazy.

I've been playing games since My Parents first got an Atari 2600, I'm old.

Everyone plays games their own way.

Find what you like and you will become a fan.

JRPGs are my thing now.

Bravely Default 2 is rather cool.

lack of experience, difficulty is set too high, too tired, not an game suitable for you etc. etc.

Use an iPad. I do and I'm pro in games

• Alan S

Maybe your hand-eye coordination isn't very good or your reflexes are too slow.  You can probably overcome that to some extent by practicing.  You may never become great, but if you enjoy playing and are playing with other people, you should practice enough to try get to the point where you don't suck so much where you're making the game not fun for the other players.  You should try to play with people at your level if possible.  It's sort of like playing tennis.  You don't want to play with someone that can't hit the ball back over the net even if you will beat them every time, because it's no fun.  Also keep in mind that not everyone can be good at everything.  I play softball in a 50+ league and while I don't suck, I'm not one of the better players, so I requested to be in the "C" division where they didn't necessarily have the best players.  I was previously on a team with a lot of good players, but my team merged into another team and only the best players were taken to the new team, and I wasn't one of them.  My manager gave me some very good advice, to go to a lower division where I would get more playing time and wouldn't have to be the  catcher 95% of the time, and it worked out well.  So if you can do that with video games, it might help you feel better about yourself.

Because much like real life, you aren't putting any effort into bettering yourself.

• ?

It all takes practice☺

because u just suck in general

• prob 2 things, practice,  even the worlds best slowly get worse if they don't practice often..and ironically your apparent desperation to want to be better, just play don't think  of how good or not you are, relax, play without concerns, and you will get better.....that's in general, because we have no idea which type of video games,,, there are virtually a limitless number these days...

You need practice? You need to lower the difficulty until you get better? Hard to say what else you could do, without knowing what kinds of games you're trying to play. 

• Can't really give any tips or advice unless I knew what KIND or GENRE of games you mostly play, but the generic "practice makes perfect" idea is a good start 🤔