Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

The thing I want most in life is to die, but am I too much of a coward? What to do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  •   PRAY AND WORK, GOD IS ALWAYS HELPING. He send heavenly spirits (angels of pure light) to guide is since our birth on this planet). Those guardian angels are sent to redirect our choices upward, to overcome our problems and negative habits.

GodsGrandPlan.org has a fantastic book by Johannes Greber, PDF book at the top translated in 1932 to English that just might help you understand the greatest of opportunities learning from the holy angels who God sends from Heaven at every hour when you pray in sincerity and desire.

You should definitely die, BUT to the problems in your mind that bother you the most, remind you of failures, fear, lack of freedom.

There are those who were in prisons in nazi Germany (and who survived), who chose to think optimistically, positive thinking. They prayed with sincerity, helped others around them and chose to follow the words of Christ in every moment of every breath.

They woke up, exercised, practiced whatever skill they had. One man drew out a piano in pencil on a board, and although he wasn't very good at piano when he went into the prison, this American soldier in the nazi camps for several years practiced every day for many hours, even taught others how to play the piano by humming the sound of each note outloud as it was played. When he was finally released he was so perfect at the piano, that he ended up as a career at the greatest halls of music playing concerts to tens of thousands in single concerts.

You can never say your brain doesn't work, can't think of something new.

Fear nothing except that you would die without having tried.

• 1 month ago

Go and see a therapist.

They will find out why you're like this.

• 1 month ago

Survival instinct is something we all have. It doesn't make you a coward. Maybe what you need is the courage to face your problems and live. I have advice about depression in my answers - you can click and read.

Although I know almost nothing about you, I’m willing to bet that things aren’t as bad as you think they are. You’re looking at things through depression glasses, which make everything look worse. When you recover, things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions. 

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly. A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY&t=7s

1 800 448-3000 Boys Town

They are staffed 24/7 by professional adolescent counselors who are willing to help you and you can be confidential.

• T C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get the hell out of limbo ...Start living !!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • OTTO
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Accept yourself as a coward. So what?

• 1 month ago

Good things come to those who wait.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.