Are you scared of pennywise?

Not in the movies, but when I read the book, he'd scare me so much that I'd have to close my eyes, which you can't really do when reading, so basically, I'd get so scared that I would have to take these little few second to couple minute breaks from reading. That isn't to say the Bill Skarsgård didn't absolutely nail Pennywise in the It movies, but I just didn't find the movies anywhere near as scary as the book, the movies being way different than the book, what with shortening an over 1,000-page book into two 40-page screenplays, the horror being much less suspenseful and graphic than the book, and the entire format being changed as the book starts with the kids being adults and all being called back to Derry and reluctantly returning from all their separate lives, having moved away and apart from each other to move on from the horrors of their childhoods, in order to deal with Pennywise returning with all the action from when they were kids being piecemealed to readers as flashbacks and memories, so in the book, everything from It and It Chapter 2 is happening all at the same time, like Pennywise showing up and adult Bill, who has long since overcome stuttering, having a PTSD flashback to when he was a kid and we the readers reliving that flashback with him and then being so horrified with him that when we come out of that flashback with him, we don't need any explanation for why he suddenly regresses to stuttering again.

If it was real, I would be, it can read your mind and turn into what your afraid of which is damn scary, note for one character a werewolf appeared, another one blood, another one a skeleton, another one a mummy, different scare items in the fortune cookies for each character, it was making what they hate individually, appear, as well as being Pennywise at times.

I'm not scared of a fictional character.

yes the original one scared the crap out of me when I was a kid