m asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Can I clean my oil burner off oil and candle wax with alcohol?

It's a ceramic oil burner.

• Rita

“Since candle wax is an oil-based stain, you will need a solvent that dissolves oil,” explains Miller. ... Using a cotton swab, dab nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol onto the stain and watch the oily, waxy stain melt away. Continue to do this until the stain is removed.

• drip

Do you mean you want to clean a wax tart warmer?   I get wax off by melting it or when I freeze the wax it will pop out the warmer whole.  I have little oil warmers for scented oil. I just wipe them with a paper towel between scents.

I don’t know what you think rubbing alcohol will do to clean it, but it won’t hurt the ceramic. And it will dry quickly, it isn’t going to interfere with putting wax or oil back into your warmer.

I used a car engine cleaner on my barbecue. Spray on, wash off. 

• ?

At the chicken feed plant in Georgia I just installed a new burner in the walk in rotating firebox. Pillow block bearings were more than trouble. Leaking oil that caused fires.

No. You need a product that is petroleum based to get the candle wax off. you can use a degreaser like trisodiumphosphate (TSP) to clean the burner