Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

mice are pregnant! how do i know when they will give birth?

so about a month or so back i got three pet mice, but the problem is i only now found out that one is male. the other two are very big at this point and i found out 2 days ago. of course i separated them from the male and put them in two separate bin cages with bedding, food and water. the bigger one has made a huge nest and the other has made a small one but doesn't seem like she wants to expand it at all... since they already made their nests how much longer will it be until they give birth? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The gestation period is only about 21 days. You got them a month ago and they are big so you can expect babies soon.

• 1 month ago

You got them a month ago, probably pretty soon. If there's on or more too many babies, TAKE THEM AWAY FROM THE MOTHER!! If a female hamster has too many babies, she will kill the extras.

• 1 month ago

i would ask your vet about it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.