Mike L
Mike L asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Was anyone else hoping Trump started a third party? If so, why? ?

I have my reasons for hoping for it, but I'd like to hear other ideas of why it would be good or harmful to America...

I just wanted to see it so the party would splinter. 

the history of third parties in America is that they always lead to election success by the opposition -- this goes back to the election of Wilson before World War I

Yes, I definitely thought it was a wonderful idea!  It would have been very, very good for the U.S. because it would have split the already shrinking, far-right radical Republican party so badly that no Republican would be elected for decades.

Yes, I wanted to see it, I definitely won't be contributing to a party that doesn't stick together like the GOP.