Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mike L
Lv 7
Mike L asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Was anyone else hoping Trump started a third party? If so, why? ?

I have my reasons for hoping for it, but I'd like to hear other ideas of why it would be good or harmful to America...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I just wanted to see it so the party would splinter. 

• 1 month ago

the history of third parties in America is that they always lead to election success by the opposition -- this goes back to the election of Wilson before World War I

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, I definitely thought it was a wonderful idea!  It would have been very, very good for the U.S. because it would have split the already shrinking, far-right radical Republican party so badly that no Republican would be elected for decades.

• 1 month ago

Yes, I wanted to see it, I definitely won't be contributing to a party that doesn't stick together like the GOP.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.