Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

Why is the word sh*t considered a swear word? ?

I don’t get how it’s actually considered a swear word. Doesn’t seem to be any reason for it to be.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It is a swear word because society has decided it is a swear word. In other countries, it may not be. For example, "bloody" in England is a swear word for most, but in the USA, few consider it a swear word.

• 1 month ago

If you have issues with SH*T< try MERDE ALORS! it is FRENCH for HOLY SH*T, basically! 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. **** is a word generally considered to be vulgar and profane in Modern English. As a noun, it refers to fecal matter, and as a verb it means to defecate; in the plural ("the shits"), it means diarrhoea.

• 2 months ago

it is by the norm of the USA that it is a swear word, but however by rednecks it is integrated into their well being and not considered it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

dont know , it used in a sh@t day at work , or dont sh@t me off , or your in a sh@tty mood  or even i sh@t on you face , and of course take a sh@t .

• 2 months ago

Sexual activity and the grosser parts of the body have become associated with insults. And strong condemnation. That's a lot of s**t. Shows strong dislike, as it would be  expected to.

• 2 months ago

the bible uses it so it aint a curse word in my mind. pray to jesus 💯

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It's actually a proper word and it comes from the Bible.

There was a tribe known as the shittites. They used to go into battle totally naked smeared from head to toe with human excrement hence the word we now use.

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Only because it's crude and disgusting.

• Steven
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

lol I don't know because it can be used in many ways. to express surprise, to express a bad situation, or to call someone a piece of 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.