Is it bad to send a “Thank you. I Understand.” email to your professor ?

I often throughout the year email my university professors about questions and concerns. It is also required sometimes that I contact them to pick topics for projects.

Once the exchange is done, is it wrong to send an ending “Thank you” to them? 

For example, I have just finished an exchange to pick a film to present on for this class. He approved of my selected movie and gave me some advice on how to handle said film. Should I follow up with, “Excellent. Thank you professor. I will take the recommended precautions. Have a good afternoon.” Or should I make no closing response? 

I had read somewhere online that sending emails like this is bad for some reason. 

I had heard that such emails are a waste of time and inbox space, but I feel rude not thanking them and acknowledging that I understand what to do. 

It sucks they got rid of the comment feature to respond to answers. It may be removed by the time anyone reads this, but there is a lunatic in the answers saying something about the mark of the beast and passports or some entirely unrelated nonsense. Really odd. Just wanted to acknowledge that. 

Saying thank you is never a bad thing unless the professor specifically mentions it (there may be situations where there are just too many emails). It really only takes a second or two to open and delete an email. 

Rapture is a heresy. One must hide within a small group (10-12 people according to saint Seraphim of Sarov from Russia, 10-15 people group according to saint Gabriel Urgebadze from the country of Georgia) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents; documents are from Satan; burn them (even documents of deceased relatives). No electronics once you hid so that you won't be tracked (even an old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's will show the infamous evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether). [Saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov] Mark of the beast is given with World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it); antichrist will release prisoners / insane asylum people to help him mark everyone. Police will mark people on highways; food stores will mark people who steal marked food (because marked food can only be swallowed by a marked person who has three strands of DNA instead of two). Reject vaccines, temperature scans, COVID tests (or similar), etc.

Source(s): Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism.

I am not sure if it would be a bad thing, I can't imagine that someone would be upset if you were to send a small, generic 'thank you' for the assistance they give you, as a matter of fact, I would think it would be a nice thing to receive. Just as long as you don't make the thank you all flowery and gushy. A simple thank you would be quite nice, I would think.

You could send an email  with Thank you for your advise in the subject area, they can read it without opening the email 

Just keep it short. "Thank you, Professor, that was very helpful" and leave it at that. The "Excellent" bit sounds condescending, and there's absolutely NO need to wish him a good afternoon.

Emailing the?professed his?a good idea and is the professional thing to do. However, you might want foreword some of that. It can be interpreted as condescending and arrogant. Thevprofessorvis the exert, not you.

Professors?are human beings too. You never know what they go home to or if they have a home. My father?was university Faculty and in many ways we were a dysfunctional family after my maternal grandmother died.