Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Why is it seen as rude when I ask people to look at the caller ID for my phone number?

One of my pet peeves is being asked "can you give me your full phone number and area code?" when I am on the phone with someone. I have a hard time with articulation and I am pretty self conscious about it because people think it somehow means I am stupid. I am pretty tired of "Can you repeat that" over and over again in an annoyed voice. 

So I just started responding with: "oh, just look at the caller ID. This phone number works fine for me" and it always pisses them off. Every single time. It always turns the vibe of the transaction negative. 

Because it is rude. Caller ID isn't available after you've answered the call.

• ?

They ask that bc you could be calling from a phone/landline that isn't your personal number.

Maybe the person you are talking to doesn’t have caller Id hon