Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Are you against pet stores which sell pets instead of pet supplies?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, it was usually horrible to see them  caged up like that in cramped little spaces.  It was not a good practice. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Very certainly I am unless they are fish , reptiles . arachnids, or rodents .

• 1 month ago

The only dogs sold in pet stores are bred by BYBers or Puppy Mills.  You will not find a well bred dog in a pet store.  Reputable breeders have waiting lists & do not have to resort to a pet stores or Craig's List.  Most dogs are bred by BYBers & Puppy Mills cause the average Joe doesn't have the money to buy a good quality, well bred dogs.  The price difference is great, from just a couple of hundred dollars to over a couple of thousand.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

only because the suppliers will send them I mean take them back after they've been rotated to enough stores, and then they will sell them to animal testing facility. you said, this is where I'm torn between do you buy the pet to save it. Kind of a horrible life or do you just say what all the breeders are wrong and he stopped buying from anybody they supply to? Cuz they're still going to breed them that they're going to give them to the places that test on animals

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.