Anonymous

Why do the Turks think they’re Europeans?

Culturally and Genetically, they’re not European. 

• Magui

I think that genetically they have connection to Europeans through Anatolian Neolithic farmers. There's a bit of admixture from Central Asia but I guess some other Europeans have such admixtures as well even if they are not that noticeable. Basically in Europe people are a bunch of mutts.

Culturally, I guess Turkey is in the frontier between West and East.

Anyway a small bit of Turkey is indeed geographically in the European continent.

Some area of what is today Turkey was related to ancient Greece, later it was part of the Eastern Roman Empire (the Byzantine Empire or Byzantium) and later, as Ottoman Empire, it was involved in First World War. Therefore, throughout history Turkey was always part of European History.

Recently there were negotiations so that Turkey could be a member of the European Union but it was never accomplished. Then came Erdogan and that process has stopped.

Also Turkey is in Eurovision and European Sports Championships.

Source(s): @Sofia: Okay, feta cheese eater I had enough of your insults. Consider that from now on we are "at war".

They are not. They have a Muslim Middle Eastern-Asiatic culture. 

Magui is being an idiot uneducated spinster as always

Western Turkey is a part of Greece that Turks STOLE it by killing and genocide my Greek people 

Source(s): At least I went to university and studied history and archaeology

They just want to whitewash themselves.

• ?

Although they once had their own Ottoman Empire, the Turks now are close enough to Europe to be swallowed up into the gigantic array of Eastern European nations that have been absorbed into the EU.