Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

What should I do?

I really screwed up. My ex GF was kind and helpful. She always supported me. I didn't treat her with the respect she deserved. I didn't realize what I had until I got another GF and she wasn't even as kind and supportive. My older GF was for sure more respectful but I was too stupid to not treat her with really any respect. 

You live and learn and come to the mature conclusion that no relationship is ever perfect and that finding a life partner is a matter of identifying enough good and sufficient kismet to where you can look past the flaws that everyone on Earth has. 

• ?

This is a life lesson learned.  Yes, you messed up.  

Keep dating until you find someone with the same qualities or better. Pretty simple. 

The answer is you should show your ex girlfriend this post and then she can see just how foolish you were to let her go and consider this post as an apology to her.

You never know there may still be a chance that you both can rekindle your relationship. If not romantically then as good friends.

• ?

If you want to be the kind of person who can live up to your ex's example, start by being honest with your current girlfriend and break up with her. Then you need to stay single until you grow up and build some character. Don't go running back to your ex begging for another chance. It should not take a break up to make you realize you were mistreating her and you haven't magically become a better person overnight. You would slip right back in to your old ways and hurt her again. You need to do the work for your own sake and be able to prove with real action that you have sincerely changed.