Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Affordable Colleges/University in Georgia?

I need help looking for an affordable college or university within the state of Georgia. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on what you consider affordable.  You can find the costs of each school in their websites - you should look at public state colleges and universities. There may be a site that lists them all.  Community college might also be a good option, depending on what you plan to pursue; but it's a good way to start out any degree program more affordably.  You can save a lot of money by choosing a school where you can live at home - campus housing and apartments in college towns tend to be very expensive. 

• 1 month ago

see the state colleges and universities.  that's not a guarantee that, after scholarships, a private school might not be more affordable -- and, you want to avoid as much college debt as possible.  [Emory might be an exception -- if you're that good with studies]

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In most of the US, the cheapest way to a college degree is to do your first three or four semesters at a community college, fulfilling colleges' or universities' required courses that aren't related to your major. Depending on what kind of student you are, it may be possible to work while you're doing this. If you live with your parents and save your pay, that makes things easier financially when you transfer to a four-year school.

You can take classes in your major, too, but some CCs don't teach at the same depth as a college or university, and of course you want a solid grounding before you do more advanced study.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your local community college usually will en the cheapest in tuition

https://collegestats.org/colleges/georgia/lowest-i...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

All of the public ones are just about the same price it doesn't really make a difference. Southern poly is decent if you're really on a budget but UGA and Georgia tech are really just about the same at least they were when I went to school. I can tell you u n g is a sucky retarded school so I don't recommend it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.