Do you watch MSM news anymore?

• ?

Not by choice, but sometimes it's the only thing on in the employee breakroom.

• ?

Mainly Fox News for certain hosts like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity. I do go on OANN and Newsmax website. I listen to talk shows like the Bongino Report, Infowars, etc. 

I don't really like TV news.  It's too shallow and the vast majority of them do NO investigative journalism of any substance.  

Look, the entire field of journalism is broken right now.  Even formerly rock solid organizations like the NY Times and Washington Post, you look at them and every headline and article on their website is plastered with bias words and argument.  No just reporting facts.  Hell, the NY Times has been FIRING people for trying to do actual journalism instead of loading every article with opinion.  FOX News may have pioneered the blur between the opinion and hard news, but every organization does it now.

I don't have a silver bullet answer.  My advice is to look for at least one news source on either side of the aisle that is at least somewhat interested in factual reporting.  Don't go with an extremist one.  Right now I'm reading the Wall Street Journal on the center-right and The Hill on the center-left.  Both are highly critical of the current state of the media, both have been prone to calling out their own side when it's deserved.  WSJ in particular has written articles on things that I and some other people have inside info about and been shockingly dead on.  Note - that's not counting their editorial page.

By getting a source that is predominantly on either side but is TRYING to be factual (like I said above, many journalists aren't even trying anymore), I think you have the best chance of getting exposed to the truth.  Yet, I've found situations where both of my sources have cherry picked information in a way that I felt constituted bias.  There IS NO PERFECT ANSWER.

I think when you realize that both sides are full of sht, it's a pretty good sign that you're doing better than most people.  The MSM are biased and full of sht in favor of the left.  The right wing blogosphere is even worse.  I've taken a deep dive on that since the election as a couple friends of mine really believe Trump's fraud lie.  Every single article they sent me, I fact-checked myself and it was bullsht.  Like not just 'I cherry picked some information' caliber bullsht, but like 'The moon is made of cheese' caliber bullsht.  But my friends didn't even care.  No matter how often I showed them that these sites were lying to them, they kept going back to them.  

I'm not saying that to excuse the left or MSM, but after years of the left embracing their crazy harder than the right, the right leapfrogged them since it embraced Trump.  It no longer shows even a CASUAL interest in actual fact based reporting.

I've never watched TV news.  Too much filler and not enough actual content.

• Kathy

I have never watched it.

Rarely. And I used to watch it all the time. I go to different sources online. Yahoo News is a joke.

Not at all.  There are plenty of options for information sources.

So while it takes a little more effort, it’s worth avoiding bubble-headed douchebags telling me what they think is news.

Yeah. Mainly to scope out the hot news babes. 

• ?

Only our local news. National News is just partisan garbage.