Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

At what height is a man considered a midget?

I'm 20 years old and 170cm tall (about 5'8). Am I too short? They say you have 1 last growth spurt around the age of 21, so let's just say my final height is 175cm.

Update:

Ah, I didn't know "midget" was a slur.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

5'8 is average and if you end up at 5' 9-ish then  you are right at the edge of average and moving into tall for men's height. To be a little person -midget is considered a slur - you would need to be much shorter and have several other physical traits common to dwarfism  which is the medical term. You would have known long long ago when you were a baby if you had any signs of dwarfism. Little people never get over 4 feet in height so it's impossible to be 5' 9 and a little person. 

• 1 month ago

you're 170cm which makes you actually 5'7

and tbh just date people that are around the 5'1-5'3 mark if height matters to you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You need to consider where you are from. Here in America, an average man stands 5'9 to 6 foot. Short men are under 5'9. A midget stands under 4'9.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

4 '10 or under would be considered a midget

Hollywood legend Tom Cruise is 5'6 so why

worry

you are fine

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

170cm is not considered short and certainly does not indicate dwarfism.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.