Can my employer refuse my resignation letter? ?

Can my resignation be refused? I do NOT have a contract. I’m in an assisted living facility and we are short staffed, I live in NJ and I’m going to be calling my boss and then faxing and emailing a letter to give be them my 2 weeks, I will be on paid Time off when I submit the notice so I won’t be coming back but it will be almost 3 weeks notice as I’m doing it before my return date. I’m moving out of state

During war times it is hard to resign from the Army

Your boss can refuse to accept your resignation, but it would be pointless because the law allows you to quit.

Nobody can make you work for them if you do not want to, so just leave!

You actually do have a contract. They agreed to pay you if you came to work. That's a contract.   No, you cannot be forced to work.

Yes, they can immediately cancel your time off and fire you.

They can ignore it, but you have no obligation to stay.  They can fire you on the spot and thus cut off your leave time pay though.  

They can refuse anything. They CAN'T force you to keep working for them. Even with a contract, they could only impose monetary penalties for breach of contract.

That said, it is entirely legal in many jurisdictions to accept your resignation, effective on the last day you were actually at work, and NOT pay for the time off, even if previously approved.

Spock (rhp): Not ONE US state requires actually resigning. Absent a contract specifying otherwise, you can just LEAVE and let the company figure out you quit.

Source(s): My answer when you asked EXACTLY THE SAME THING yesterday.

Did you check with your employer's policy on using vacation time as part of your two week notice?   At least hand your resignation letter in person.

you NEED to follow NJ law ... that may require delivering your resignation either by US Post Office or in person.

Yep. They can do whatever the hell they want as long as they think you’re too poor to take them to court. 

Not since the 14th Amendment passed