Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Replacing Graphics Card, do I need to worry about old drivers?

Hi all,

I am about to replace my old Graphics Card PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB XT with a new one NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition 24GB .

DO I need to do anything with the old Graphics card drivers? Uninstall it somehow? before/after installing the new one?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is usually recommended that you uninstall your old graphics driver first.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can uninstall the driver before you actually remove the card. It'll be harder to do it later when the card is no longer there. You can also leave the driver there. Without the card, it won't load and if disk space is your concern, it's too small to make any significant impact.

• 1 month ago

you will need to install the Nvidia graphics system per instructions.  Nothing more should be needed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.