Replacing Graphics Card, do I need to worry about old drivers?

Hi all,

I am about to replace my old Graphics Card PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB XT with a new one NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition 24GB .

DO I need to do anything with the old Graphics card drivers? Uninstall it somehow? before/after installing the new one?

It is usually recommended that you uninstall your old graphics driver first.

• keerok

You can uninstall the driver before you actually remove the card. It'll be harder to do it later when the card is no longer there. You can also leave the driver there. Without the card, it won't load and if disk space is your concern, it's too small to make any significant impact.

you will need to install the Nvidia graphics system per instructions.  Nothing more should be needed.