Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Caught my husband sexting with another woman... what now?

My husband and I are having trouble...we’re working on our marriage and seeking counseling... or at least that’s what I thought... last night I went out with some girlfriends and when I got back I saw a few texts come in on his phone...some had pictures... I opened his phone and read the conversation... some risky pictures but overall mild stuff on both sides... I know the other woman and we’ve fought about her in the past... at the time, he had told me that I was crazy and that nothing was going on...I read their whole text conversation and from the looks of it, this was the first time they did this...now I don’t know what to do or say... do I confront him? Do I leave him? Is he sleeping with her? Will he sleep with her? What should I do?

• L

You need to discuss this with him.............however, if he continues to do this, even being in counseling, then he's just not serious about the marriage at all.

buy a burner phone, send him photos of naked men 

Leave and dont look back.  Utterly ridiculous that he act this way.  Seeking counseling.. yea right.  He is just sitting back having his wife and his mistress.  

What constitutes "seeking counseling"? Are counseling offices closed due to the pandemic? What does "we're working on our marriage" mean in this context? I think you need to speak to your husband and ask him the questions we can not possibly answer for him. 

Since you are already in counseling, contact your therapist and report what happened. They will help you to deal with this. Good luck, 

Texting and talking about sex or in a manner  that he should not is cheating.  A emotional response is almost as bad because  he should  be talking  to his wife in that manner not to another female. By doing  this  I believe is CHEATING. 

When you take your wedding vows  u promise to keep only for that person. 

By talking  to someone else

In that manner  to me is wrong and your vows have  been  broken. 

• ?

No one can tell you how to conduct your life, or whether to get a divorce, etc.  This is your own personal decision.

One thing you might want to know is that many men out there practice sexting with other women.  It's not uncommon.

• T J

Sexting is not cheating.  He is not sleeping with her. Its just a ego booster for some of the men. He will never see her.

There is no way for us to know if he is cheating or not. Most cheating men will guard their phones and hide their phones from their wives (he knew you would be coming home and he still left his phone out for you to see). Don't confront him, it sounds like he is looking for a fight, otherwise he would have hid his phone, especially since you fought about her in the past. Wait and bring up the text messages in counseling. I think it's strange he didn't take his phone with him. If it were me, I would probably stop the counseling and get ready to leave him. If he doesn't try to stop you from leaving him, it's not a good sign... he probably wants you to leave. It sounds like he wanted to fight which isn't good either. Leaving his phone out for you to see could be a passive aggressive way of him trying to show you that he isn't going to change his ways. He didn't put any effort in hiding his phone from you.

I would cause a scene. 

No I would just talk to him about it. Yes confront him, because maybe she is part of the reason why your marriage is a little rocky. I would honestly follow your gut feeling about this other women. 

Something similar happened to me, and he ended up marrying her.