Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would a job as a kennel tech require me to be drug tested ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Don't drink and dive, so don't drink or get high and try to work. Do that in your spare time. 

If that's what you want to do, you can always ask them if they have to drug test you.

I've never worked for companies that required a drug test (I've never smoked weed or did an illegal drug), they trusted people to show up sober and they usually did. If they were found to be high or drunk they were sent home or fired. 

If they can tell some one is high or drunk, they can send them home or fire them. If you have an accident or injury while you're high / drunk, the company can hold you liable and you can get fired if that happens, because you're liable. So try to stay sober when you're working. 

Sorry for the long answer but it's soo true.

• 2 months ago

It is very possible, it depends on the employer.  If drug tests are a problem, stick to landscaping.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

drugs are bad for you.  of course, prescription drugs might be a different story. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it might require that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stop being a stoner kid.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's up to the individual business, but you can figure that most places do test especially places that have drugs on hand.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.