Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If a job says they are a drug free environment does that mean I will be drug tested if offered the job ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A drug free environment basically means they don't want people showing up to work high, or on some illegal drug when they come into work. They also don't want people bringing drugs into the workplace. If you're high at work and you get injured or have an accident, you can be held liable and you can get fired. 

Some places test some don't. You can always ask if they do drug testing on their employees. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe but its not clear.

• 2 months ago

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think almost every workplace, besides bars/restaurants and dispensaries, would call themselves a drug free environment. Sometimes they are just stating that they don't allow drug use, other times they are saying that they will ensure there is no drug use. It should say if there will be drug testing. I've even had a job where they said I needed to be drug tested but never actually did it.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That is a possibility.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.