bettyb
bettyb asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What original movie should their be a sequel or prequel too? Why?

• ?

Deep Rising (1998) and Dawn of the Dead (2004). They both have very open endings that should have a sequel.

A prequel to both Star Wars Episode 1 (how Yoda and Emperor Palpatine developed and the very beginning of Jedi and Siths; but not from Disney, please) and The Hobbit (how Sauron developed)

Should have been a sequel to Death Machine.Little known cult classic.

https://youtu.be/rZ2DkxXbQ1Y

I'd like to see a sequel to beetlejuice because I want to see Michael Keaton in that role again, they've been teasing it for years and it's time to deliver.

Ex Machina. It could be like a Frankenstein movie, a relative of Nathan has inherited his house and work shop and finds his records/notes and decides to build another Ava. The new one could go in search of the original Ava. 

• Kenny

A Boy and His Dog, What will happen to his girlfriend ?

• User

Some of my favorites that I think would benefit from a well-done sequel:

- Brave (in my opinion one of the best Disney animated films ever, I'm sure she can unwisely stick herself into yet another very difficult situation...)

- Doctor Dolittle (the original musical, not those Eddie Murphy movies that didn't even pretend to follow the books)

- Lost Horizon - yeah, a lot of people don't like this one, but I saw it as a kid and thought it was great

- When Worlds Collide - even though (again) the movie didn't do the novel justice, there is a sequel novel, and if they followed it more-or-less exactly...

- The Sword in the Stone - another great Disney classic, though the "sequel" novel isn't really a sequel, it's still astoundingly well-written, and if the novel were followed in a three - or better yet, six - part "-logy", it would be pretty remarkable

(unlike the typical movie, Disney followed the extremely humorous novel fairly closely, mostly making omissions rather than huge sweeping alterations that we typically see in book-based movies)

• Kathy

There not their. Gone With the Wind should have had a sequel.