Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

How do I apply for VOLUNTEER work?

I already have a job, but These little odd jobs aren't going to keep me afloat forever! So I need to really do some real work in order to get some real money. Working a minimum wage job for a lifetime all the while kissing up to the bosses/higher ups and pretending to be happy and fake laughing, and demeaning the competition just isn't my style. I'd rather be a drifter, and job hop. All I need is some time working for a company for FREE without pressure from the higher ups, and gaining experience in a particular field, then say I'm ready for a job in that field and have experience on my resume as well as references.

How do I apply for a Volunteer job. Is it the same as going on indeed, and then just adding Volunteer to the prefix of the job description?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Walk into the office you are interested in, and ask for a volunteer application.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Companies do not take volunteers, it causes problems with employment law and insurance.

• 2 months ago

Companies generally aren't allowed to accept free work from volunteers.  If you want to do volunteer work for free, then you'll probably have to do volunteer work for free for a charity instead of for a company.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.