Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

Has the PL been the worst major league in Europe this season?

Many of the other leagues like Serie A, La Liga and even Ligue 1 are quite open and competitive this season, even Bayern aren't winning Bundesliga by their usual landslide margin so far.

Then you go to the PL and a boring tippy tappy team that can't beat Lyon is 13 points clear, where's the entertainment or unpredictability? Is the pub league Prem returning to it's rightful status? 

the big spanner in the works was our season faltering - nobody expected us to mess up as bad as did this season.

City were woeful last season but they still managed to finish ahead of everyone else to finish 2nd.

I hope we can make a fight out of finishing top 4, better yet I'd like us to finish runners up to Man City.

That means - winning all our remaining games, which we have started already beating the blades 2-0. 

Its bad enough to concede the title without even fighting to retain it,  but to allow Manure to finish above us in the league is a double blow lol

it would ease the pain of gifting away the title to Citeh,  if we can somehow leapfrog Ole's United and finish 2nd lol

A tippy-tappy team who will probably win the quadruple this year.  

And the rest of the league seem to be stealing wins of each other.  A few weeks ago, the relegation battle looked done and dusted, now Fulham are within three points of safety. 

Several teams are in the battle for 4th place, and mid-table sides are giving big clubs a game.  There have been some fine examples of skill and technicality this year as well. 

I would say that’s business as usual. 

Your comparing a hell of a lot of Matches here aren't you.

I haven't the time or inclination to watch the foreign leagues too deep.

To me Football's about connecting and caring about the result.

I'm not one of those who goes big on analysis and critique.

A ball hitting the back of the net does it for me.(with me thinking wish I could do that).

Anyway 'First is worst, Second is Best' Ha Ha. Did you used to say that has a kid.

• Adam

I'd say yes to this on entertainment and quality. Those who claim the EPL is the best in the world ain't been watching this season

• ?

Yes, by a distance, absolute unwatchable crap. All of them are bad with this no fans lockdown rubbish but I think the PL has had it the worst. 

• Ryan

Italian and Spanish teams have gotten worse that's why, look at them in Europe most of them have sucked. Bundesliga was close for a while last season too until Dortmund and Leipzig bottled it. The Premier League is still pretty exciting title race aside. Loads of teams still in the hunt for top 4 and top 6/7. Could be an interesting fight for survival that I didn't think would happen. Fulham close to Newcastle at the minute and Brighton can't score so we shall see.

I imagine you know all this and just wanted to troll English football fans

Just your opinion...... Lesser teams like  Leicester, Aston Villa, West Ham have had success against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, making it an unpredictable season.. Man City are no "tippy tappy" team, with the players they have.