Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

If your teenage daughter's boyfriend came to your house and attacked her for cheating on him, what should you do? Which side is right?

And they are both fighting evenly with each other?

I would ask him to leave immediately.  If I felt there was some justification for the conflict I would talk with him separately and get him to tell me his grievances.  Then I would talk with her.  If there was any possibility of defusing the situation then that is important.  Otherwise they must split up.  Fighting resolves nothing and makes any situation worse.  It can be a precursor to violence and that has no end of possible damage.

Won't pick a side! They should just break up ofc! End of story!

• Trish

I would call the police on him.

Define attacked.. Did he physically hit her?

If I'm there while this goes down...anyone coming into my house to harm a member of my family will leave in a body bag.

Either you're a bad parent or a troll, hoping it's the latter

You protect you own: so id kick the butt of anyone attacking my daughter and damn the consequences 

• ?

That's called domestic violence and it's a crime.  Police need to be notified to come over

I'd be calling the police because when physical violence is involved the person who started it is always at fault. 

• ?

He gets thrown out of my house and the cops get called on him. Nobody comes to my house to attack a family member and gets away with it. She will probably have several different boyfriends before she decides to marry. Should any or all of them get to attack her too?

• Murzy

I'd dial 9 1 1                      .