Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could you tell me the REAL reason why these TV series ended?

Not being American, some news I have are fakes.

Maybe you, living in the USA, know the reality better.

1) Dr House

2) The Big Bang Theory

3) Gilmore Girls (2000-2007, excluding the remake in 2016)

4) Everwood

I would like to add: a few years after their demise, was there ever any chance of a reboot? Do you think there may be reboots in the future or has it been too many years now?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most tv shows end because either the ratings falter or because the creators don't want to produce them any more. 

The only one of these that I know for sure is Big Bang Theory.  That show was still doing well in the ratings, but star Jim Parsons, who played Sheldon, wanted to move on from the show (and I guess was no longer under contract).  I guess the creators felt that the show couldn't go one without Sheldon so Parson's decision to exit basically resulted in it getting cancelled. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Big Bang Theory:  Jim Parsons said he had enough and had nothing more to add to his character

House:  the creator was running out of rare diseases and Hugh Laurie said that his character having to walk with a limp was affecting his personal health.

• 2 months ago

Often times the actors that work on shows get sick of doing them. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.