Why is the band Journey so good?

I was feeling down but then I saw journey and clicked play on spotify and now my mood is charged positively.

because they write great songs, have great musicians and a great singer, plus their music is likable 

Was it the original Journey with Steve Perry, or his replacement,  Arnel Pineda. He sounds like Steve, and he has a wonderful voice. I grew up listening to Journey.

They were talented musicians with a great lead singer. Their songs are relatable to people - they sing about feelings. Steve Perry was a wonderful front man - I was watching Journey on youtube the other day. I loved them in the 80's and still love them today.

• Smiley

I never cared for them after Steve Perry joined. I prefer the first three Journey albums (pre-Perry) released 1975-77. Excellent hard prog rock. Sort of a continuation of what Neal Schon (guitars) and Gregg Rolie (keyboards/lead vocals) were doing with Santana up to their departure of that band in early 1973.

• ?

Journey's kind of overrated. I could never get into their music.

Funny... I was just listening to them yesterday.   A lot of great songs.