Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Is it time for Joe Biden to be bold and take meaningful action to end Bashar al-Assad’s murderous regime in Syria?

He would go down as one of the greatest Presidents in history alongside Ronald Reagan if he were the one to put an end to Bashar al-Assad.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

he should also punish china for the creation and release of Covid 19 but he won't 

• 2 months ago

No. This is the Obama Doctrine. Targeted air strikes, targeted commando raids, drones in coordination with our Allies the Kurds.

This doctrine is very limited because Obama was elected to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. But ISI rose and the Taliban has just been playing a waiting game; the long game. So the American people will only allow very limited military engagements. So Obama came up with a new form of war.

The problem from the beginning is that these people have been fighting since the beginning of time. It was mistake to go into Iraq. It would be a mistake to get into a quagmire in Syria.

Russia is involved in the quagmire. Putin can't afford to be there. He and Assad are war criminals. So what we want to do is just bleed them.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That would result in openly going to war with Russia. Obama bent over backwards for Putin, why would Joe do anythign differently?

• 2 months ago

Nope........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Maybe.... pity  his old boss allowed Putin to not only rise back into power, but also skip merrily over his "red line" and establish the warm-water naval base that other Western leaders managed to deny Russia since the time of Catherin the Great....

now poor Biden will have to decide if that "bold and meaningful" action is worth taking on a nuclear-armed Russian fleet and 40,000 seasoned ground troops....

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no such thing as the Greatest President, since there will always be a group that hates him/her. 

• 2 months ago

But Batshit Asswad... er Bashir Assad is one of the Democratic Party's favorite tyrants.

I remember when Pelosi and Kerry were in Congress and they visited Assad to have friendly chats with him because mean old W Bush said mean things about him.

Pelosi and Kerry said Assad was a "moderate" and a "reformer."  I guess they're really accurate in their assessments, eh?

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Assad is a blight on humanity, but I don't see the American public eager for another ground war in the middle east (and I seriously doubt that anything short of an invasion is going to remove Assad).

• 2 months ago

So I guess war is cool now that Biden is President.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Biden's Dementia places Americans safety at risk.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.