Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

USPS what does “delivery attempt: action needed” mean?

My usps delivery updates says exactly this...

“ We attempted to deliver your item at 2:36 pm on February 25 and a notice was left because no secure delivery location was available. You may arrange redelivery by using the Schedule a Redelivery feature...”

I got a notice saying I needed to pay extra to pick it up.. why would it say this! What is “no secure delivery information” is my address wrong?

Duhhh “go to the post office and pick it up” why would I have to pay extra? I’ve had hundreds of packages come to my house effortlessly 

That second notice - was it on the official USPS site?  This is a common scam, maybe it arrived just by coincidence at the same time that you expected your package.  I've never had to pay extra for pickup.

If you trust that your doorstep is secure, then look for a piece of paper that the mail carrier left on your door.  Sign that, authorizing delivery, and on the next attempt, the package will be left.  If your doorstep is not secure, then instruct them on that slip of paper that you'll pick up.

It probably came postage due, you weren't home and the mailman knew if they left it that it would be stolen.  Contact your post office. 

Not enough detail provided of how you received that notification. 

If you weren’t expecting it, and the notification was by email or SMS then they’re usually scams.

It means that there wasn't anywhere for them to leave from which it couldn't be stolen (either because your mailbox doesn't lock or because it wouldn't fit in the mailbox).  You can have them redelivery on a day when you'll be home so they don't have to leave it unattended and risk theft.

it just means they couldnt leave it there if youre not home

It means go to the post office and pick it up.