Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

why am I not growing a beard yet ?

I am in high school not and other guys have beards and mustaches but not me. What's wrong with me? When is the latest I will start growing facial hair? Will I have facial hair by graduation?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

In college I could not grow a "good beard", just patches. As you continue to get older you will see that change. Today, years later, I can grow a full thick beard. Nothing is wrong with you; give it time and you will be able to look like ZZ top.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Low testosterone levels. In some cases, low testosterone may be the cause of poor beard growth. People with extremely low levels of testosterone have next to no facial hair. Unless your testosterone levels are clinically low, they probably aren't impacting your facial hair growth.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was baby faced till i was 20.

• 2 months ago

those with female genes dont grow beards

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Everyone is different I am sure there are plenty of others in your age group who do not have much facial hair. Everyone matures at a different rate. Also as others have stated genetics is involved. Some males never get much facial hair others just start later. In the mean time worrying about it will not change anything.

• jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

not every man will be able to grow a beard. U may have taken after your father who may not be very hairy or another non hairy relative. It is all in the genes.

• 2 months ago

I have friends who are in their 30's who are only now starting to grow any substantial facial hair.

• 2 months ago

You probably will. And then you'll spend the rest of your life wishing you didn't have to shave every day!

• PIE
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It will happen.

BTW, shaving hurts and sucks!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.