Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

Where can a person take unwanted yard sale type stuff that might have value to someone else, as an alternative to throwing it away....?

....including things like a string of miniature Christmas lights that wouldn't bring more than $1. Other than my local Goodwill store, is there a better idea? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Salvation army store

• 1 month ago

Put it out by the road with a sign on it saying FREE. That is what I do. 

One time when I lived in a high rise apartment, if I had anything I didn't want, I just put it in the elevator and left it. Usually it disappeared within a few minutes because someone wanted it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

resell next week from you own yard.?

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Find a local place that will take Donations for Shelters, etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Any churches near you run thrift shops? Salvation Army store. My local Boy Scout troop runs a yard sale in the spring and take donations as well.

• 2 months ago

Some places like women’s or homeless shelters take some things, there are other donation groups too, you would have to see what is in your area. After COVID

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In my road, they put anything that other people might use on their front garden wall or up against it. I practically furnished an entire flat that way.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I usually sit them outside in the alley behind my house.  Anything worthwhile is usually picked up within a day.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.