Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

Where can a person take unwanted yard sale type stuff that might have value to someone else, as an alternative to throwing it away....?

....including things like a string of miniature Christmas lights that wouldn't bring more than $1. Other than my local Goodwill store, is there a better idea? 

Salvation army store

Put it out by the road with a sign on it saying FREE. That is what I do. 

One time when I lived in a high rise apartment, if I had anything I didn't want, I just put it in the elevator and left it. Usually it disappeared within a few minutes because someone wanted it. 

resell next week from you own yard.?

• ?

Find a local place that will take Donations for Shelters, etc.

Any churches near you run thrift shops? Salvation Army store. My local Boy Scout troop runs a yard sale in the spring and take donations as well.

Some places like women’s or homeless shelters take some things, there are other donation groups too, you would have to see what is in your area. After COVID

In my road, they put anything that other people might use on their front garden wall or up against it. I practically furnished an entire flat that way.

• ?

I usually sit them outside in the alley behind my house.  Anything worthwhile is usually picked up within a day.