Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

When FBI looks at surveillance video, are they also required to rely on another sort of proof?

To surmise the persons in video are not dressed up like another person?

There was one picture where a nose and chin were different colors, yet that could also be due to temperature.

Don't want innocent people in prison.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm not aware of any criminal cases where video alone was enough to convict. The burden of proof for arrest is "probable cause" and the burden for conviction "beyond a reasonable doubt". That is determined by the judge and/or jury, not the FBI. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No one wants innocent people in prison, and, no.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's going to depend on how the jury sees things.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Don't want innocent people in prison."   Neither do I, but you seem to be very confused about how this works.

The FBI doesn't decide who goes to prison.   The members of the court do.    Each defendant has a right to a legal defense.

I swear to Bob, people are dumber every day. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.