Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Pronk
Lv 7
Pronk asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

What should Washington name their NFL team?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The stadium's in Landover, Maryland.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

vancouver southerners  comes to mind  , or the horsemen after paul rever ..

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Here are five options for the Washington Redskins' name change, from Warriors to Redtails. The Washington NFL franchise announced Monday morning the team is retiring the term "Redskins." This comes about a week after FedEx formally asked team owner Dan Snyder to change the name.

• 1 month ago

The Washington Liberals !!!!!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

George..................

• 2 months ago

How about the Washington Woodchucks?

Or, hell, just name the team, the Washington Chucks?

Or, hella hell, just name the team, the Washington Chuck Norris Football Club ...

• Nick
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The Football Team has grown on me, I want them to keep it

• 2 months ago

Snowflakes.    

• 2 months ago

The DC Snipers

Washington Warriors 

Washington Warlocks (inspired by the Wizards)

Washington Senators 

Washington Wild Boars (Hogs nickname)

Washington Football Nationals 

• 2 months ago

Personally, I like calling them the Washington Pigskins.  That way you can keep using Skins as a nickname, it has the same syllables as the current name, making it a less jarring transition and it fits the song with slight modifications.  But that's not rumored to be among the competitors.

Red Tails is my favorite among the ones that are said to be leading contenders.  The only problem is that the Tuskegee Airmen were in Alabama.  But it's military oriented, keeps the color scheme, it's honoring a historical story that I think is really cool.

Red Wolves is popular on the internet.  And it is nice that it would make WAS the only canine oriented mascot.  But the Red Wolf is almost extinct and no longer lives in the DC area as part of it's range.  

Snyder reportedly loved 'Warrors' enough to buy the IP to it awhile back, but being a moron, he let the rights expire and a trademark squatter snapped them up.  This trademark troll has been waiting for DECADES to exploit the name change and acquired all these rights to every name Was might pick.  He made no effort to run any ACTUAL business off them besides token offerings to keep his claim alive.  It's one of the clearest and most obvious cases of trademark squatting you'll ever see.  He's JUST trying to fleece a business.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.