Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

In nevada can I file a contempt motion for unpaid child support if co parent is in jail?

5 Answers

  • Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    You can file the motion, but they'd be more likely to lower the support amount to zero since they are in jail and not able to work.  You'd be better off letting the debt pile up and then whenever they are released and have a job go to the child support collection agency and collect all the back-debt.

  • 2 months ago

    You can.   However he won't be able to pay until he gets out of jail anyways.

    No sure where you expect the funds to come from.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Yes, you can.  Can you win?  Possibly not.

  • 2 months ago

    You can file anything anywhere. And good luck with that.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    How is the other parent supposed to pay child support while in jail? Where will the money come from?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.