Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would nancy ever run for president im not sure her role in house is too vital ?

What do you all think ?

Update:

I'm not sure . Her role in the house seems very vital 

Update 2:

Honorable Nancy pelosi 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Call me ageist but Pelosi will be 84 in 2024 and it's probably time we recognize that that's just too old to be President. 

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unfortunately, the skill needed to become Speaker of the House are not the same skills needed to win a presidential nomination.

To become Speaker, you: 1) need to be a good fit for your district (to get the longevity needed to rise through the ranks); and 2) good at the behind the scenes politics needed to keep the caucus on the same page and move legislation.

To win the presidency, you need to be able to appeal to people outside your district including swing voters.

The last party leader who made a serious run at the White House was representative Gephardt back in 2004.  And the last party leader to come close was Johnson back in 1960 when the rules for the nomination were very different.  Especially given how late she started her career in Congress, I don't think that she ever seriously considered running for President.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No she is as old as Methuselah.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She's arguably too old to run for President (she's even older than Biden).  Surely, the Democratic party must have some young(er) candidates who are qualified?

However, she has promised to step down as Speaker by 2022; so I guess she'll be available.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's unknowable. What makes you think we are mind readers? Buy a Magic 8-Ball, cheapskate.

• 2 months ago

She's not interested in being president. She's getting on in years, anyway, and will probably retire in either 2022, or 2024 at the latest. I think she's grooming and training the next group of people who will run the House after she is gone, and when she's satisfied she will retire.

• 2 months ago

she's too old to run for president. i don't think she is even interested since she already has a lot of power being speaker of the house 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.