Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Water softener salt difference.?

I have a Culligan Estate 2 water softener. It is approximately 20 years but still works great. I could not get my regular salt as we had 9-12 inches of snow last week and every store that I checked out was sold out as people were using anything they could find to clean driveways and sidewalks. I did find some water softener pellets today. I normally use solar crystels. Will the pellets hurt my softener and will they work?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Google tells me pellet salt for your softener is fine. In the UK most softeners use tablet salt which I expect is similar to pellets.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Buy a couple of bags to get you through the crises.  Then buy the usual when things are back to normal.  Any brand of softener salt will work in any softener.  I think the usage is determined by the saturation of a measured volume of water put into the salt tank.  For harder water, you increase the volume of water by filling the tank longer.

• 2 months ago

You may find they work better.They are designed for water softeners. You can find out more by just checking online for Solar Pellets

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.