Water softener salt difference.?

I have a Culligan Estate 2 water softener. It is approximately 20 years but still works great. I could not get my regular salt as we had 9-12 inches of snow last week and every store that I checked out was sold out as people were using anything they could find to clean driveways and sidewalks. I did find some water softener pellets today. I normally use solar crystels. Will the pellets hurt my softener and will they work?

Google tells me pellet salt for your softener is fine. In the UK most softeners use tablet salt which I expect is similar to pellets.

Buy a couple of bags to get you through the crises.  Then buy the usual when things are back to normal.  Any brand of softener salt will work in any softener.  I think the usage is determined by the saturation of a measured volume of water put into the salt tank.  For harder water, you increase the volume of water by filling the tank longer.

You may find they work better.They are designed for water softeners. You can find out more by just checking online for Solar Pellets