Can the courts order someone to NOT call protective services?

A friend is in a vicious custody battle. Both sides have filed multiple complaints to protective services over the years. (I do not believe my friend's calls significantly outnumber her ex's.) My friend also resorted to calling the police to her own home on one occasion when her son (he's 9) got out of control and threatened violence. 

These calls and complaints all came up in court during her most recent custody hearing. The judge unfortunately sided with her ex and among other incomprehensible orders, he ordered her to NOT call protective services or the cops if it involves her kids. 

Is this really legal? Can a judge order someone to STOP trying to protect their kids (and themselves)? 

courts can do what ever they d*&^ well please...whether its legal or not.  are you sure that was said?  did you actually see the order?

• ?

It is and has been done before many times. Courts instead require you to contact the court with concerns.  Better not be making things up. 

You have been FLAT OUT LIED to about what the judge ordered.

I don't doubt the judge told your friend that if they continued to ABUSE the system, they would face consequences.

I very (very!) much doubt the the judge’s order says that. Have you seen the actual order? It MIGHT say that if she calls them without reasonable cause, that would be contempt of court. She could be jailed or fined for that.

Also, guess what? It will be up to the judge what is “reasonable”.

Yes, apparently the Judge CAN because the Judge HAS.  I would expect the next step will be for her to lose custody, particularly if she can't control a 9-year old. I'm interested in the other "incomprehensible orders" that were issued from the Bench.

Yes, that's legal.  Judges can do a lot of things through a court order.  The judge must think that these calls are frivolous and that the kids aren't in danger,

your friend needs to consult her solicitor/attorney on this ... it may be time to take the very painful step of declaring the child ungovernable and have him moved to juvenile services permanently