Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Have you ever sacrificed your own dreams to bring happiness into the lives of your loved ones? ?

Update:

Kindly keep Respect in answer!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I did lot of times as I feel it's good practice to be at peace with love and happiness. 

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I don't know if getting married and having children is considered a sacrifice.....

After high school, I did begin working but really didn't focus on my future.  I just know I met a young man, married him and we began our family...........I just wouldn't have it any other way.  I love my children and my grand children.............and I don't consider them a sacrifice at all...........

• 2 months ago

No I have not..

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, i havent done that yet

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I have. It's never turned out the way I had hoped it would. 

• 2 months ago

Yes. I sacrificed a career in order to provide end of life care for different relatives. Now I am disabled and without anyone to provide me with end of life care when the time comes.

• 2 months ago

Everyday of my life 

• 2 months ago

Isn't that what loved ones are for?

• 2 months ago

Not that directly, not for a payoff so obvious.  I have made decisions that had great effects on the course of my life, based on the likelihood of improvement for others including my own son.  Not certain to me that it was a "sacrifice", but there was a price that was paid with no guarantee of future benefit to anyone (just improved chances of positive outcome).

• 2 months ago

This is something in which you have never done so why ask?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.