With many TV shows being remade today, would a remake of 'Have Gun Will Travel' be a viable television show these days?

Richard Boone was great as Paladin.

• EddieJ

The thing about Westerns is that they are portraying the past and the past hasn't changed -- there is nothing to update.

Of course, it could be made with actors that are more familiar to the younger audience, but that shouldn't matter that much.  Anyone who wants to watch Westerns has an enormous amount of old shows and movies to watch.

Meanwhile, there are shows that are referred to as "space westerns" that have the sensibility of old westerns in that the characters are isolated and need to tame a new land.  So, they could make more of those.  "Firelfy" is a prime example -- and it had many dedicated fans -- but limited success overall.

I don't remember enough about "Have Gun Will Travel" to know whether or not I think it is a better candidate.

Note: I was a fan of the original "Magnum P.I.", but decided not to watch the remake after the first episode.  Same goes for "MacGyver".

They basically have, and it's called Mandalorian.

Have you seen the latest version of "The Equalizer" with Queen Latifa? It is "Have Gun Will Travel" in a modern context. 

• ?

I would certainly try watching it.

They'd have to change the concept.  Use a transgendered pan-sexual Muslim black person.  "Have Victimhood.  Will Whine."

If Sesame Street is now carrying cancel culture warnings, ya gotta know the censors' heads would explode with "Have Gun Will Travel"... or pretty much any cowboy show. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sesame-street-for-adu...

The only TV western show that I think would make it as a reboot would be possibly Little House On The Prairie because that is the one that most adults in the 35-49 demographic that advertisers target remember 

TV Westerns worked for kids who went to grandma's and grandpa's farm for the summer and Christmas. Few kids today will know that indescribable glory.

No.Westerns are unrelatable for anyone under 50 i think.

He would have to be an african or woman.