Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

i hate high school how do i get through it?

im in grade 9 im 14 boy and born dec and want to get through high school faster. I have no friends there i also never really had friends  my grades aren't that great and being in high school gives me too much stress and i want to be free of this. I also hate having to go to my classes. I don't even have a phone compared to everyone in my high school classes. I have no talent or skills and just good at wasting time. Every morning i wake up i just feel like suicide i don't want to live anymore and i want to be free of this pain. I wish i could just be dead so all my problems would be solved. Way better to die than to live with misery. 

im also a useless pathetic loser with no future no nothing life for me is negative 

i start getting abdominal pain and headaches when going to my classes i just want to die i start telling myself why was i even born when i could just be dead

i have low self esteem all my life 

im 5'5 100 lbs skinny

my social skills are garbage and i never had social skills

fellow 19 yr old male here. I don't own a phone too and i hated highschool also. People say its the greatest years of their life, but those are usually adults saying that- lenses really do become rose tinted when you look back on the past (especially when your an adult who is tied to so many commitments, a life of freedom as a teen is remembered a little too kindly). I use to have a similar problem to you and at 16 i found myself in hospital. I got myself some good therapists and life is comfortable now. The stomach pains you talk of sound like anxiety/fear which anxiety is usually a fear of the future. Death isn't the solution my friend. When you knock a glass of milk, do you think that you being dead would solve the mess on the floor? I mean, yes, if you werent there it wouldn't of happened but that is a tragic way to view life; and that is how depression tricks you into thinking its the only option. Nah. There's always a solution to cleaning up some spilled milk. Your situation sounds a little more complicated but im sure there is a solution out there. For starters maybe you'd like to ponder on why your self esteem is so low? that is usually a taught thought. Something i learned in therapy is to question your thoughts and not consider them wholely true. Question where these thoughts even came from. I hope you can find yourself a nice group of friends and i got through school by doing tafe, zoning out most of the time and getting therapy

At the very least, you need a physical exam to see if you have health problems that interfere with your ability to do well.  For example, I felt like a slug until my doctor discovered I had low thyroid function.  Within a few weeks of taking a thyroid supplement, I felt like a new person!  I started participating more in class and made the soccer team.  

Maybe you need some other supplement or an anti depressant.  Talk to your parents about it.  Do yourself that favor.  

Sorry, but high school was the 6 best years of my life.

you might be able to do some classes online. talk to your guidance counselor. 

I had the same problem as you and this is what i did, by the way im 26 male,

1- pretend your sick

2-just dont go to school

3- go to head teacher/head of house and say " oh by the way im moving to a different country and i  leaving tonight" - if they ask anymore questions just make them up and they will think you are gone, so when you pretend to go to school go somewhere else

it may not, but it worked for me

MIGHT NOT WORK

• drip

You need to get therapy. Professional help. 

If you can get your parents to take you to your regular doctors talk to them about how you feel. Or go to the school nurse or counselor. 

My brother was about your size in HS. He might of been 5’7” when he graduated.  By sophomore year in college he grew to 5’10” and gain weight and got some size to shoulders and chest. 

You can take CLEP courses and possibly get out faster if there's like a community college or something nearby. You can also ask if you can do dual enrollment.