Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

threats on my laptop ?

everytime i scan my device, there are threats found, but when i tried to removed it, it never works.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There are several types of computer security threats such as Trojans, Virus, Adware, Malware, Rootkit, hackers and much more. Check some of the most harmful types of computer Security Threats.

• 1 month ago

It depends what you're scanning with. Some antivirus programs call tracking cookies a  threat.  You need to determine exactly what the threat is, your scanning is alerting you of. Try booting in safe mode, then run your scan a few times and see if those threats get removed. 

I like free AVG and have used it for years. I also use Super Antispyware free edition. Years ago, I bought Norton anti virus and when it started getting close to renewal, lots of malware reports were coming up *until* I payed for a renewal. After getting this happen through 2 renewals, I got rid of Norton and removing it was very hard. AVG never played up on me like that.

Watch out where and what you download though.  Some sites in the internet are dirty with virus. It's just like the real world- some places have bad folks constantly laying in wait to mug you.

• 2 months ago

"threats" are generally settings like fireawalls not being turned on.  It is what your computer thinks you should be doing to be the most secure.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

which device is that , maybe you havent put in a driver .. Does help if you tell use which device it is ???

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Use another Antivirus to remove threats

• 2 months ago

get a different malware program

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Please provide more information:

1. What Operating system?

2. What program are you using to SCAN with?

I recommend this if your using Windows:

use Malwarebytes and Glary Utilities.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ideally post a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing. Are they the same threats that keep appearing?

What antivirus software are you using? and what operating system Windows 7,8 or 10?

• 2 months ago

What are you scanning it with?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.