Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Where can I buy a toilet that's environment friendly and recycles the water back ?

I am putting in a system to reduce waste water. I am having a plumbing tank put in that should help the environment as well as my water and sewer bills. So all the water goes into a tank and will be indefinitely reused. I just have to figure out how to plumb I guess some weird name of gray and black water but to connect my toilet to it as well. Thanks!!!!!!!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

You do not want to reuse toilet water that has had excrement in it. It’s potentially dangerous and could lead to disease.

What I have seen, ( I think they are mainly in Japan), is a hand wash basin on top of the cistern. The water you wash your hands with, then goes into the cistern instead of down the drain. That water can be used to flush the toilet. 

It also saves space in a small bathroom.

• 2 months ago

I think you are looking for septic tank friendly toilet paper. However toilet paper cannot be recycled, but septic tank friendly toilet paper is easily dissolved. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

depends on if you have a regular water supply or on restrictions , watering the garden can be wastefull , same as watering the lawn .

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

IN YOUR DREAMS< IS ABOUT THE ONLY PLACE YOU WILL FINE THAT!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • a
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Composting toilet is your answer. I think it uses little to no water. I see you've down-voted the other person who suggested it, but cleaning toilet water to make it suitable to drink will require so much in the way of equipment and chemicals that environmentally, it will be a wash. (pun not intended.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiehB_CxeTE

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Toilet water and water from the kitchen sink/disposal is "black water" and goes into an approved septic system or public sewer. "Gray water" is water from showers/tubs, washing machines, hand sinks, and condensate from air conditioning equipment.  Gray water can be used for irrigation purposes provided children and other animals do not come in contact with water that is laden with bacteria.  There are bathroom sinks that drain into the tank of the toilet so that water is used twice like this little prison unit below, but it sounds like you might want to look into an incinerating toilet that uses no water and produces only ash. 

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

There are toilets that use little, or even no water.

What you describe is not possible.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're a moron.

• 2 months ago

you need a composting toilet ... internet search

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't recycle water from your toilet.  You could reduce the amount of water used with each flush, but typically people just end up flushing twice and using the same amount or more.

Gray water typically comes from your sinks, washing machine, dishwasher, etc.  I know there are some businesses where I live that filter the gray water and use it in the sprinkler systems for the landscape.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.