Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Where can I buy a toilet that's environment friendly and recycles the water back ?

I am putting in a system to reduce waste water. I am having a plumbing tank put in that should help the environment as well as my water and sewer bills. So all the water goes into a tank and will be indefinitely reused. I just have to figure out how to plumb I guess some weird name of gray and black water but to connect my toilet to it as well. Thanks!!!!!!!

• F

You do not want to reuse toilet water that has had excrement in it. It’s potentially dangerous and could lead to disease.

What I have seen, ( I think they are mainly in Japan), is a hand wash basin on top of the cistern. The water you wash your hands with, then goes into the cistern instead of down the drain. That water can be used to flush the toilet. 

It also saves space in a small bathroom.

I think you are looking for septic tank friendly toilet paper. However toilet paper cannot be recycled, but septic tank friendly toilet paper is easily dissolved. 

• garry

depends on if you have a regular water supply or on restrictions , watering the garden can be wastefull , same as watering the lawn .

• zipper

IN YOUR DREAMS< IS ABOUT THE ONLY PLACE YOU WILL FINE THAT!

• a

Composting toilet is your answer. I think it uses little to no water. I see you've down-voted the other person who suggested it, but cleaning toilet water to make it suitable to drink will require so much in the way of equipment and chemicals that environmentally, it will be a wash. (pun not intended.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiehB_CxeTE

• ?

Toilet water and water from the kitchen sink/disposal is "black water" and goes into an approved septic system or public sewer. "Gray water" is water from showers/tubs, washing machines, hand sinks, and condensate from air conditioning equipment.  Gray water can be used for irrigation purposes provided children and other animals do not come in contact with water that is laden with bacteria.  There are bathroom sinks that drain into the tank of the toilet so that water is used twice like this little prison unit below, but it sounds like you might want to look into an incinerating toilet that uses no water and produces only ash. 

There are toilets that use little, or even no water.

What you describe is not possible.

You're a moron.

you need a composting toilet ... internet search

• Rick B

You don't recycle water from your toilet.  You could reduce the amount of water used with each flush, but typically people just end up flushing twice and using the same amount or more.

Gray water typically comes from your sinks, washing machine, dishwasher, etc.  I know there are some businesses where I live that filter the gray water and use it in the sprinkler systems for the landscape.