Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Why are Pink Floyd songs so long and boring?

I always fall half asleep 

I dont even know how they became famous, I dont like their music at all 

• Blush

You’re uneducated.

There’s already a favorite answer and I just needed you to know you’re wrong.

• ?

Cus that's how they where written. But it doesn't mean that they are not good

Boring? Oh, HECK no!! They may be long, but I have to say that David Gilmour has more talent in his left pinky than any of these pop stars do combined. 

Don't listen to them unless you need to fall asleep.

If you're a Pink Floyd fan, none of their songs are too long *or* boring! Shine On You Crazy Diamond -- all parts -- is 26 minutes long and I enjoy every minute of it (well... a bit less the saxophone bits, since I'm not a big fan of saxophone in music, but that's just me.)  Other long songs that I find awesome: Dogs, Pigs, Echoes... All over 10 minutes. 

But most Pink Floyd songs are not overly "long".  Comfortably Numb, one of their greatest songs, clocks at 6 minutes. A 80s song like Learning to Fly is 4 minutes, and it's a dynamic song, not a mellow one like Shine On.  

I was 8 when I first listened to my father's Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. The experience never left me. 

Pink Floyd, like other great bands of the era, recorded at a time where the "album" as a whole was more important than "singles". They were creating allbums as works of art. Listening to a Pink Floyd song outside the flow of the entire album will never give you the proper experience.

Also, these songs are meant to be heard on good sound systems or quality headphones, not earphones or low quality computer speakers.  Low quality uploads on Youtube also won't give you the right experience. (Not only with Pink Floyd, but with all music). 

It's a matter of taste, I mean some people actually think rap is music, go figure..

Well why do you listen to them if they bore you

They have faster sounds

Boring? I weep for the future if you think Pink Floyd music is boring.

They're not my cup of tea either but they have a lot of fans, you could be sticking your pecker into a hornet's nest.