Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Why are Pink Floyd songs so long and boring?

I always fall half asleep 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I dont even know how they became famous, I dont like their music at all 

• Blush
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You’re uneducated.

There’s already a favorite answer and I just needed you to know you’re wrong.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Cus that's how they where written. But it doesn't mean that they are not good

• 2 months ago

Boring? Oh, HECK no!! They may be long, but I have to say that David Gilmour has more talent in his left pinky than any of these pop stars do combined. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't listen to them unless you need to fall asleep.

• 2 months ago

If you're a Pink Floyd fan, none of their songs are too long *or* boring! Shine On You Crazy Diamond -- all parts -- is 26 minutes long and I enjoy every minute of it (well... a bit less the saxophone bits, since I'm not a big fan of saxophone in music, but that's just me.)  Other long songs that I find awesome: Dogs, Pigs, Echoes... All over 10 minutes. 

But most Pink Floyd songs are not overly "long".  Comfortably Numb, one of their greatest songs, clocks at 6 minutes. A 80s song like Learning to Fly is 4 minutes, and it's a dynamic song, not a mellow one like Shine On.  

I was 8 when I first listened to my father's Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. The experience never left me. 

Pink Floyd, like other great bands of the era, recorded at a time where the "album" as a whole was more important than "singles". They were creating allbums as works of art. Listening to a Pink Floyd song outside the flow of the entire album will never give you the proper experience.

Also, these songs are meant to be heard on good sound systems or quality headphones, not earphones or low quality computer speakers.  Low quality uploads on Youtube also won't give you the right experience. (Not only with Pink Floyd, but with all music). 

• 2 months ago

It's a matter of taste, I mean some people actually think rap is music, go figure..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well why do you listen to them if they bore you

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They have faster sounds

• 2 months ago

Boring? I weep for the future if you think Pink Floyd music is boring.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're not my cup of tea either but they have a lot of fans, you could be sticking your pecker into a hornet's nest.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.